Lindsay Roberts and Dorsey Carson will participate in a Construction Law seminar on September 26 at the Marriott Jackson.
Their presentation, “Facilitating the Project with Effective Construction Contracting,” is one of five that will run from 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. Organized by the non-profit HalfMoon Education Inc., the seminar is open to the public and offers continuing education hours to architects and professional engineers in Mississippi.
They will cover a lot of ground, including the following:
- Understanding the legal rights/duties of project participants: owners, contractors, design services firms, subcontractors and suppliers
- Understanding project delivery systems: design-bid-build, design-build, construction manager, construction manager-at-risk
- Using standard or custom contract documents: AIA, ConsensusDocs, others
- Understanding key contract concepts and terms: performance, breach, warranties, guarantees, indemnity, damages
- Modifying contracts and selecting dispute resolution mechanisms
The other four sessions, also presented by Jackson area attorneys, will focus on the bidding process, resolving disputes, ensuring environmental compliance, and sustainable construction law.
For more information or to register, visit https://www.halfmoonseminars.org/